- Compose and send new mail messages.
- Read and reply to mail messages.
- Track mail exchanges using the Conversation feature or optionally switch to a traditional message view.
- Include attachments with your message.
- Forward mail messages to one or more recipients.
- Search email messages and attachments by particular characteristics or specified text.
- Create your own folders to organize mail.
- Create tags with which to organize your mail.
- Create filters to route incoming mail to designated folders.
- Set up different account identities and addresses to manage different roles in your job or personal life.
- Configure your account to receive email from your POP3 or IMAP accounts directly into your Insight Mail mailbox.
- Delegate permission to view or manage your mail folders.
- Create and manage multiple address books.
- Import and export contact lists.
- Share personal address books.
- Create and manage multiple calendars.
- Create appointments, meetings, and events.
- Delegate permission to view or manage your calendars.
- See attendee's free/busy schedules.
- Import and export other calendar programs.
- Create multiple Tasks lists.
- Create to-do tasks.
- Add attachments to you task.
- Manage a task, set the priority and track the progress.
- Delegate permissions to view or manager your Task lists.
- Manage how your mailbox works for Mail, Address Book, and Calendar.
- Create mail filters.
- Assign shortcut keys to quickly access email folders, saved searches, and tags.
Logging in and logging out
You must log in to use Insight Mail.
- Open a browser window and go to mail.insightbb.com, or select the Webmail link at the top of the page at www.myinsight.com.
- Enter your username and password.
Your password displays as ****** on-screen, to protect your privacy.
- To be remembered on this computer until the session expires or you log out, check Remember me on this computer.
If you check this, you will not have to log in every time you restart the browser during a day. When this is checked and you do not log out, your session remains active until the session expires. The system administrator configures how long a session is active.
Note: If you leave your Insight Mail open in your browser but do not access your mailbox for a period of time, your session may time out and then you will need to log back in.
To prevent others from logging in to your email account, you should always use the Log Out link to close your Insight Mail session.
Insight Mail keyboard shortcut keys
Shortcut keys can be used to navigate in Insight Mail and you can create your own shortcut key combinations. Go to your Preferences>Shortcuts> to see the list of shortcut keys and to create your own shortcut keys. The four tabs display the following:
- Shortcut List includes a list of shortcuts for all applications.
- Mail Folder Shortcuts lets you create and assign shortcuts to access your email folders.
- Saved Search Shortcuts lets you create and assign shortcuts to your saved searches.
- Tag Shortcuts lets you create and assign shortcuts to tags that you have created.